Saturday, February 5, 2011

why my life is awesome

No, it isn't because I'm a grad student, or that I was chosen as a Groupon Insider (although that does make me pretty awesome). Sometimes it really is the little things.

While living at home does have its disadvantages (e.g., awkwardness: "Yeah mom, I slept over with Pam's/Kristin's/[insert girlfriend's name here] last night... what, of course I wasn't drinking a lot..."), there are a whole host of benefits.

For example:
- During the cold winter months of Texas, my mom tuns on my space heater and electric blanket when she goes to bed, so when I sleep hours later, my room is already nice and toasty
- The magic coffee fairy has coffee ready every morning
- Besides alcohol runs, I've been to the grocery store 5 times in a year in a half
- Oatmeal is served when I wake up at 1pm on the weekends
- No more communal washers and clothes showing up nice and clean every week in my closet
- My dad drove me on the highways yesterday to my interview at the hospital when everything was covered in snow early in the morning. Interviewers were impressed, and I took credit for being a badass driving through the snow.

Do I want to move next year? Probably not. I still don't know how paying bills works. It might be difficult if I have to work at the VA or Galaxy next year. It probably just means more driving and road rage. I just need to remember to not get out of my car and yell at others. But overall, my life is pretty awesome, partly to my parents <3 <3

2 comments:

  1. i want a post about saturday night. maybe a map of visuals for all the places you went? let the reader see through your eyes.

    ReplyDelete