Monday, November 14, 2011

favorite patient quote

after 2 hours of neuropsych testing with my patient: "now you're going to tell you lover tonight when you're done what a dumb broad you saw"

two points: 1. patient definitely too hard on self, and 2. she incorrectly assumed that grad students actually have normal people lives. after i told my supervisor though her quote, she responded, "doesn't she know that grad students don't have lives?" (i hope the observation was more about grad students than me in particular...) little did my patient know is that i'm going to be with my parents tonight celebrating my dad's birthday with a bunch of other filapinos at pappadeux's. however, i'm going to take her statement optimistically, which means that i give off the impression that i could be gossiping with a lover tonight. holllaaa!

No comments:

Post a Comment